Sunday, July 25, 2010

Heavenly Day...



As I lie in the bed and watch the shadows on my bedroom wall announce the sun's sleepy ascent into the sky, I can feel the softness of my favorite sheets scented with their fresh from the dryer perfection, and my senses are at a heightened plane of awareness.

I think for a second about my strong believe that my bed is the most comfortable, cozy place on the planet, and as I yawn and glance over, my lips curl into a grin when I see the eyes of the two beautiful creatures sprawled out beside me look over to wish me good morning.

Somehow, those two seem to know when I'm just stirring...

And, when it's official, we are starting our day.

This morning; however, with all my intent on greeting the world, I lie there...

Just thinking about how life is a most painfully beautiful ride and that, no matter what may have ever happened, or what may ever happen, that for this particular moment in time...

Life is perfect.

My parents are with me...

My children are safe...

My home is my haven.

Today, I will see the one who makes me smile...

And, everyone I love is accounted for.

Yes, if only for this moment, today seems to be a heavenly day.

3 comments:

  1. "And, everyone I love is accounted for." - oh, what a great feeling that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fabulous! What a great start to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, I am making my own self sick with my positivity. I am weak. I know it. I admit it.

    ReplyDelete