Saturday, November 14, 2009

In My Daughter's Eyes...




You all know I'm her number one fan.

I always have been, and I always will be.

This "child", as I loosely must refer to her as these days...

Has taught me so much about love;

About life;

About forgiveness.

My only hope is that every parent can gaze upon their child and feel the sense of pride I feel when I look at her.

She is truly amazing.

There are no words fitting to express how I feel for her...

When I think of her, I am absolutely overcome.

How she turned out to be the unbelievable young adult she has grown to be leaves me awe-struck...

Designed by His hand...

Molded by mine...

And, people, mine was shaking with lack of confidence the entire time...

I am amazed.

In spite of me, she grew into the most beautiful of all souls I have ever encountered.

Times are tough right now...

For her.

For me.

But, my heart beats on...

It beats for her.

It beats for me.

She is simply the most pure soul I have ever had fortune to meet.

How in this world God granted me with such a special gift, I really don't know.

I hope she has recognized that I've taught her that when times are tough...

You NEVER give up...

When the world talks against you...

You NEVER back down...

And, when they least deserve it...

You FORGIVE.

I can only hope my child keeps that pureness of heart...

That the heart of forgiveness continues to beat within her.

That she is able to discern who is deserving of her forgiveness...

And, that with some, she must turn away.

My prayer is that God will protect my beautiful girl...

Giving her the tools that she needs to protect herself.

And, that one day, wisdom will be hers.

Because, to know her is, without doubt, a privilege...

It is NOT a right.

I can only hope that the way I see my daughter...

Is the way I'm seen...

In my daughter's eyes.

7 comments:

  1. It is difficult to become an adult and realize all of our childhood disappointments... and how empowering to stand adult to adult to our parent and point out all of their failures and shortcomings... and how heartbreaking to be that parent who has tried so hard... and for that parent who has been their toughest critic over the years... *sigh... I know your heart has been broken recently and I hope and pray that soon.... you are able to forgive yourself and even sooner, that this beautiful girl you speak of is able to open her arms to you in all of your faults..theres no question that those kids could never push you away...so here we sit quietly...waiting.... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe.."Anonymous", I adore you. If you didn't put *sigh* in your posts, you'd be harder to spot. Oh, but, sis, we have ground to cover...You are behind. We need to catch up.

    I truly, truly, truly love you like you cannot imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Pam...if I may, I'd like to correct one sentence you wrote. You say "In spite of me she grew into a one of the most beautiful souls I've ever encountered." Don't you see? It's BECAUSE of you. No matter what you think you did wrong or did right. It's because of not in spite of...And you are who you are in this very moment because of her too. Only recently have I realized how much of a rock my mother has always been for me. Your daughter will see it too...in fact she probably already sees it (even if her interactions with you don't reflect that) xoxo love ya sister.
    <3 Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, the beauty you see in your daughter's soul is a reflection of your own.
    ~That Weather Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe your daughter is the best of her parents, with a sprinkle of her own personality. It goes without saying Pam, "We rise again in the faces of our children", a song by the Rankins, which says so much. It was not in spite of you, she became a beautiful woman, it is because of guidance and direction from her parents.... and I would dare to guess, if your Mom were to speak, she would say the exact same think, in your own words, about you.

    I call that humble, and I call that being as real as it gets!

    Just me........ off to bed I go....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly what TWG said above.

    This was a beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is not in spite of us, but because of us, that girls become women. You are an amazing mother. Don't sell yourself short because you're a little bit insane *snicker* (takes one to know one...)

    XO
    LD

    ReplyDelete