Monday, March 8, 2010

Snow......(Hey, Oh!)



It all started innocently enough.

My friend and I were joking about her trip to the movies, and I mentioned she needed to get a box of Snowcaps...

Because I like them.

In a rush, it all came back to me like it happened yesterday...

So, a few years ago...

Pre-husband number two...

When I dated this guy that WAS the total package...

He was tall (And, I mean TALL, people!)...

He was handsome...

He was kind...

He was totally in tune to me.

Or what he thought was me, but I digress...

One weekend, I was at his house and we went to rent movies...

I saw Snowcaps.

And, people, I saw that dark chocolate candy with its little white candy sprinkles, and I, literally, turned into a kid in a candy shop...

"C! We have to buy Snowcaps!" I shouted without shame.

"Ok," he responded, without batting an eye...

And, there is where his demise began.

Seriously.

He shouldn't have paid so close attention...

Which, in hind site, makes no sense, when I think about how my heart swelled the night Husband Number 2 walked up to me at the ballpark and retold the story of how he had walked to every concession stand asking for a Three Musketeers Bar, just for me, and how none of them had it...

Which led me to my thought process I'm typing out right now...

Sometimes, it just doesn't matter, men.

No matter how many boxes of Snowcaps you have...

It just doesn't matter.

Sometimes, we like the guy that has no Snowcaps at all...

And, it doesn't even matter.

We may love him, absent the dark chocolate treat.

Don't try too hard, guys...

A man trying too hard is a complete turn off..

When you're trying to "earn" us.

Now, once you "have" us...

Each and EVERY attempt will be noted into the memory bank. (See Three Musketeers memory noted above!)

A man trying too hard, to me, indicates weakness.

I don't like weakness.

I don't allow it in myself.

I certainly wouldn't allow it in you...

Even though, as a human being, I KNOW we all have weakness.

Don't expose yours so soon...

It's a deal breaker.

Which leads me to this afternoon...

I passed my "friend's" house and noticed a for sale sign.

Now, people, we've maintained a "no explanation needed" relationship for five years now...

But, the thought of his moving without my knowledge...

Offended me.

To the point that, out of character, I dialed his number...

"So, I took a wrong turn and circled by your house today and saw a realtor sign. You're moving?"

And, he explained to me that it's not him. It's his neighbor. And, we joked about the notes he should post to his front door about perspective buyers...

And, the call ended with empty promises of follow up calls...

Which each of us know will never happen.

This guy has no Snowcaps.

Not one.

For whatever reason, it works for me.

Maybe because I don't invest in his Snowcaps.

I don't know.

So, there's this guy...

And, I think he just may have a few boxes of Snowcaps...

Not sure how to figure it out, but I'm pretty sure...

I can find out.

I think I may like his Snowcaps.

Only time will tell...

2 comments:

  1. Yup. The Snowcap thing is a total non-predictor. Bwahahhaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a whoppers girl....but a guy with a lot of whoppers can be full of crap. (chuckle) Now I'm hungry.....

    ReplyDelete